ADMO is currently hiring for this position on 3rd shift.
The Production Assistant assists the Shift Supervisor with the direction of other Molding Operators and helps maintain an efficient flow of production. They also assist the Quality Supervisor in checking the quality of produced parts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble and move all required packaging materials to the molding presses.
- Maintain adequate supply of proper packaging labels at the molding presses.
- Sort and package molded parts at the automatic presses.
- During operator breaks, inspect parts and packages to ensure proper packaging quantities, labeling and packaging method.
- Communicate any quality concerns to the Quality Supervisor immediately.
- Continuously learn quality inspection procedures.
- Operate a molding press full time if there are 8 or fewer presses in operation or as needed
- Distribute tools, organize breaks and lunches, train operators and help supervise operators and floor personnel
- Visually inspect parts and alert Quality Department to any questionable parts; approve Level 3 parts at the press every 2 hours
- Intermittently check scales for accuracy; ensure proper labels are being used, make labels as needed; ensure proper packaging procedure is being followed
- Assist Supervisor with start-ups by retrieving last shot and taking start-up to Quality
- Become more familiar with Quality procedures as time allows
Educational Requirements and Years of Experience:
- High School diploma, GED or 12 years formal education preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read blue prints and use various measuring and inspection tools.
- Must speak and write English to the extent that allows good communication as the job requires.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours.
If you are interested in applying for this position or have further questions, please send a copy of your resume via mail, email or fax to:
2550 Decade Court
Elgin, IL 60136